Work with us.
We have a number of opportunities available at our school. Whether you’re looking for employment, or to volunteer at the school, we likely have a job for you. View our available opportunities below.
We’re looking for someone who has experience with early childhood education and is available to fill in any gaps in our scheduling. A background check is required, and a college degree is preferred. Please fill out the form below, and we will get back to you in a timely manner.
Middle School Math Teacher, Part-Time
The Montessori School of Northampton seeks a Middle School Math Teacher for a part-time position (4 hours a week). The Middle School Math Teacher will work closely with the Middle School Lead Teacher to implement the math curriculum for a small number of 7th and 8th graders (approximately 5-10 students). Classes will be in person, and on-line as needed.
The Middle School Math Teacher’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a Middle School math program for 7th and 8th grade students whose experiences and abilities might range from pre-algebra to algebra, geometry, and algebra II and trigonometry
- Integrating math and science units in partnership with the Middle School Lead Teacher
- Working with the lead Middle School teacher to communicate proactively with students and parents about student progress and needs and to contribute to the writing of progress reports for the students
A successful candidate must possess
- a Bachelor’s degree,
- experience as a math teacher,
- experience and/or an interest in working with young adolescents,
- experience and/or interest in Montessori education and, more specifically, Montessori education for the young adolescent,
- effective communication skills-both written and spoken; strong interpersonal and collaborative skills; strong work ethic and confidence to take on the development of a program; flexibility, warmth and sense of humor.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references via email or conventional mail to: Beverly Smith, Head of School, Montessori School of Northampton, 51 Bates Street, Northampton MA 01060; email@example.com
The Montessori School of Northampton is an equal opportunity employer. MSN is committed to selecting faculty and staff without regard to race, color, religious creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, genetic information, national origin or ancestry, age, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all personnel actions and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion. MSN makes every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants or employees with disabilities of which we are aware.
Broad diversity is essential to fostering an inclusive climate and central to MSN’s goals of achieving excellence in all areas. We believe that affirmative action in employment furthers these goals. We holistically assess each candidate, giving favorable consideration to an applicant’s record of working with students with broadly diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. MSN will also favorably consider experience overcoming or helping others to overcome educational barriers.